Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day #16, #17 AND #18!! - Weigh In!!


I am HAPPY to say that I am down 1.2 this week. New weight; 197! I'm .2 away from my starting weight of my new journey. I've been conscious of what I eat and am REALLY really trying to track well. It's so hard on the weekends, but we're staying home tonight, Saturday, so I know I'll be good. Tomorrow, we're going on a 5 mile hike with the dogs and will get some exercise! I can't wait!!! It's supposed to be a gorgeous day tomorrow, so I'm really looking forward to being outside enjoying some sun, while getting a great workout in the woods! ;-)

I have had such a crazy, but amazing week! My mom was diagnosed with Melanoma a few months ago and she just got her test results back from her Pet Scan and her MRI. She had Melinoma cells in her brain, to the point where they couldn't even count how many there were because there were so many, and she's had numerous surgeries on her leg, lymph nodes and lower body to "cut" out the lumps. Her results were amazing! She only has 2 VERY small cells, or they could be scar tissue, in her lower half of her body. Her brain only has 2 VERY small cells, that also could be scar tissue, so she's almost 100% cancer free!!!! She told me this on Thursday morning and we had a nice big pow wow of crying with happiness. It's such a relief knowing Chemo is working and she's almost cancer free. I know she'll have to deal with this for the rest of her life, but at least she's on the mend and doing something about it AND it's working! I love you mom!!!!

Cheers to mom day!!

Love all of you and live each day to the fullest!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm overjoyed to hear about your mom's ongoing recovery!
    My own went through breast cancer so I know how hard it can be.
    Going for a hike sounds like a perfect way to enjoy the day.
    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O...I am so glad you're mother is okay. I am close to my mother so and I couldn't imagine going through something like that. I will keep your mom in my prayers.

    The weekends are hard for me too. I get real snacky and start munching on everything. For the weekends I started keeping healthy alternatives of my favorite junk and fast foods. So I make healthier pizzas, nachos, quesadillas,etc. It keeps from going out to eat and using up all of my points.

    Congrats on your loss!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about your Mom!!! Have fun on your hike today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all are so supportive. I can't believe how much these blogs REALLY do help and how truly wonderful all of you are. I'm still getting used to it, so I'm hoping you're able to see my comments when I respond to you!!! Thank you for your comments about my mom. She goes in for surgery tomorrow morning, bright and early at 6am, so it will be a tough day. She makes it sound like she's just going in for a check up! She's a trooper.

    Bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete