Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day #4 - It's SATURDAY!!




I'm so glad to finally be HOME! It was a rough week at work. I started my work out this last week and was so sore, I could only do it once! Sad part is, I was only able to do 1 mile in 22 minutes! I would power walk, then run to the goal I set. I might have run maybe 6-7 minutes of that whole mile and I was done for! I used to walk, when I was at my lowest weight, 3 miles every day...well...almost every day. My next goal is to do a mile three times a week! I know I can do it and I feel so good afterwards, so that gives me the motivation to get out there!

I am setting a goal for myself and am doing a 5K on March 7th with my friends! I have two other girlsfriends who are going to power walk it with me and maybe run a little. I'm so excited, because I've always wanted to do one!!! I'll have to poast some pics after we do it. :-)

Yea for Saturday!! Tj made me a super hot sausage link and his homemade chili for lunch. I skipped breakfast today, because I slept in too late! We're going to do some cleaning and laundry, the usual, so I'll be getting all of my water in for the day and hopefully will motivate myself to take a nice long walk with the pup.
Have a HAPPY SATURDAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am also just starting to get into running (ok, more powerwalking than running right now) to with a goal of a 5k in the spring. I can so relate to your post today!! It will be fun following with you in the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Brenda! I would never have done a 5K if my friends didn't invite me to do it with them. It made me feel a lot more comfortable knowing there were people who are power walking, instead of running the whole time. I would just be a mess if I had to run that much! I can barely run for 1-2 minutes straight right now, which is really bad, but I hope to progress and run a full mile without stopping this Summer!

    Have a great night and congrats on your strive to power walk! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Cool about the upcoming 5K! :) I am so proud of you! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete